Challenge Team UK is a group of young volunteers who educate teenagers about healthy sexuality.
Challenge Team UK presents its message from a common sense and health perspective, without any religious references.
The great majority of young people aspire to be married one day – ‘Marriage is the gold standard’ and, perhaps contrary to expectation, young people regard marriage and the raising of a family to be more worthwhile than a high-flying career or the acquisition of material wealth. Research reveals that a lasting marriage is the leading aspiration among every age group, including 18-24 year olds ….
Marriage is out of reach, rather than out of fashion …
Challenge Team aims to affirm lasting marriage as a life goal and help to make it achievable …
What is the message?
- Saving sex for marriage is a positive, realistic and healthy lifestyle.
- Saving sex for marriage is a lifestyle of sexual self-control and respect.
- Anyone can start over again and decide to save sex for marriage.
- There can be many negative physical and emotional consequences to teen sexual activity – unplanned pregnancies, sexually transmitted infections and diseases, loss of self-respect, embarrassment, anxiety, regret, etc.
- Saving sex for marriage builds confidence, self respect and self esteem and can bring freedom from worry about health or pregnancy, and enables the enjoyment of relationships and friendships not based on sex.