I can see that sex is bad for teens, but why save sex for marriage?
- The only way to guarantee freedom from sexually transmitted infections is when two uninfected people stay faithful to each other.
- The vast majority of teens say they hope to be married one day. Saving sex for marriage helps to give that marriage the best possible start.
- Cohabitation is different from marriage in several particulars. The public commitment and public promises give it a meaning and purpose. The average cohabitation lasts two years before either dissolving or marrying. Marriages do end in divorce but are much more likely to last for life.
- In 60% of cases living together leads to living alone.
- Marriages where the partners have saved sex for each other are much more likely to succeed.
- The sexual bond will be a stronger emotional bond as it has not been weakened by attaching to many partners.
- Married people report the most mutually fulfilling sex lives.
- Children brought up with married parents do better in every department of life.